Friday, April 27, 2012

0

Create a contact form with Google Docs? - Blogger Buster News

  • Friday, April 27, 2012
  • mamen
  • Share

  • While creating a client's website (using Blogger, of course), I decided to try using Google Docs to create a comprehensive contact form.

    The form was wonderful: with a bit of tweaking, I was able to embed a CSS styled form (rather than use an iframe); validate required fields with jQuery; redirect to a custom "thank you" page, and even have the form submissions emailed directly to the client!

    Feeling rather happy with the results, I created a similar contact form for the Blogger Buster contact page and was in the process of writing up a tutorial when I realized my inbox was rapidly filling up with spam. Which was unfortunately delivered by my Google Docs-based contact form.

    Sadly, I haven't (yet!) been able to find a Blogger-compatible solution to create a Google-based contact form with spam filtering and emailed submissions, so I've reverted back to my previous contact form.

    I'm still hopeful that a method to prevent (most) spam submissions is still possible, so I've decided to publish a simple version of my Google Docs form tutorial for anyone who would like to use it.

    Related Post



    0 Responses to “Create a contact form with Google Docs? - Blogger Buster News”

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe